Friday, April 3, 2009

BioMara Research Project on Algae Biofuel

You are at: Oilgae Blog.

The €6 million BioMara research project - investigating the feasibility of using algae to produce biofuel - is launched today by Scotland's Energy Minister, Jim Mather. With the European Parliament calling for 10% of road transport fuel to come from renewable sources by 2020, sustainable, industrial-scale biofuel production has become an urgent challenge.

BioMara has received €4,874,414 from the European Union’s INTERREG IVA Programme, with additional funding from Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Crown Estate, Northern Ireland Executive and the Irish Government.

The project’s lead scientist, Dr Michele Stanley, explains: “With global fossil fuel supplies dwindling and atmospheric carbon dioxide levels affecting climate change, there is an urgent need for new, renewable fuel sources with low net carbon emissions.

See more

By the way, have you subscribed to the Oilgae Blog?; How about joining the Oilgae mailing list?; and our forum to discuss on with others?

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joannah

    http://windscreensite.com

    ReplyDelete