Thursday, August 20, 2009

Department of Commerce allocates $2.2 Million Fund for the construction of a Renewable Energy Resource Center

You are at: Oilgae Blog.

Congresswoman Mazie K. Hirono today announced the awarding of $2,264,000 in U.S. Department of Commerce grant funding for the construction of a Renewable Energy Resource Center and the design of a municipal parking lot on the island of Maui.

The federal funding will be distributed through the DOC's Economic Development Administration.

This EDA investment funds construction of the Renewable Energy Resource Center in Kihei. The Center will help diversify Maui's economy by supporting development of renewable energy businesses designed to use Hawaii's abundant natural resources. The renewable sources include solar, wind, and wave energy, as well as algae and other crops used to generate biofuels.

This project is funded in part through EDA's Global Climate Change Mitigation Incentive Fund, which is intended to foster the green economy by promoting economic competitiveness while enhancing environmental quality.

See more

By the way, have you subscribed to the Oilgae Blog?; How about joining the Oilgae mailing list?; and our forum to discuss on with others?

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Margaret

    http://grantsforeducation.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I came to this page. But I feel very interesting... and I got some new ideas. Thanks for given this post.

    ReplyDelete