Friday, November 23, 2007

Algae bio-diesel from Sunderbans, India

You are at: Oilgae Blog. See the complete list of Oilgae Blog articles.

Algae bio-diesel from Sunderbans, India

Indrani Dutta, Aug 2007

Sunderbans chosen as a site for proposed algae cultivation

KOLKATA: The Sundarbans delta, an archipelago of some 100 islands spread over 4,262 sq. km. on the Indian side of the Bay of Bengal, is becoming the incubator of ecology-friendly energy sources...

A new chapter will open if the efforts to try out algae cultivation in order to extract bio-diesel reaches fruition, in this remote deltaic marshland which is the world’s largest mangrove swamp. ....A Chennai-based company, Bio Max, is keen on setting up an algae cultivation project, on one of the uninhabited Sundarbans islands.

Full report here

Nature gave us oil from algae; perhaps we should try Nature's way again

3 comments:

  1. hello,
    I am Haresh Dembla from Pune India. I want some information about oil from algae, like how many times a year it grows and how old algae we can use for oil? please write me at demblah2002@yahoo.com . thank you very much. Hary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,
    I am Haresh Dembla from Pune India. I want some information about oil from algae, like how many times a year it grows and how old algae we can use for oil? please write me at demblah2002@yahoo.com . thank you very much. Hary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiiiiiiiiiiiii ,am studying t.y. biotech we have 2 do project of our level will this project suitable 4 me if we think of lab scale.help me mail me renukachavan110@gmail.com.suggest that i could do simply.

    ReplyDelete